Print does not finish
Repetier-Server is very reliable in sending printing jobs. None the less there are some reasons, why print jobs do not finish.
- Firmware resets: If the firnware resets (for example by watchdog, brownout, reset key hit, …), the server will notice this and stop the print.
- Serial port gets closed: Apart from pulling the usb plug this can also happen if the operating system detects voltage problems or back electromotive force from the printer on the usb port.The operating system will then disconnect the usb port for safety and this will of course also stop the print.
- If the serial connection is configured wrong, you might trigger so many consecutive errors that the print stops. In this case correct you connection settings.
- If the pc running Repetier-Server powers down.
- Windows has decided that it’s time for your next Windows update und reboots your system.
Notice for Raspberry Pi users
The Pi is very power sensitive. If it does not receive stable 5V, you may experience stability issues like bad connections or temperature errors. Use a solid 3A power supply, best with 5.1 V output. Also a cheap usb cable with thin wires can cause voltage loss. We recommend an AWG20 USB cable.