Here you find a description of the Repetier-Server API:
Repetier-Server exists as a Free, an OEM and a Pro version. All are identical with the difference of a license key enabling the Pro features. While it is legally possible to sell printers with only the free version, we highly recommend to sell the OEM or Pro versions. This has some advantages for you like:
- You can make your own branding with your logo, name and colors.
- Fully customizable touchscreen support for printers with simplified interface
- Slicing without installing any additional software (coming soon for Pro version)
- Webcam & timelapse support
- Upload new printer firmware via our web inteface.
- Extendable web front end
- Local slicing cloud with other installations using the same license key (coming soon for Pro version)
- Profit from our mass discounts
We sell all licenses for consumers and manufacturers via share-it. You will receive the license code and the invoice directly from share-it.
As a manufacturer, you can purchase both the Repetier-Server Pro license and the strongly discounted Repetier-Server OEM license to deliver your own printers with Repetier-Server, even with your own branding. If you are interested in the OEM version, contact us at email@example.com.
We sell all licenses via share-it. You will receive the license codes and the invoice directly from share-it. Volume discount prices are already deposited there.
Yes, you can upgrade with discount to Repetier-Server Pro. The OEM license can only be installed an one device, the Pro license can be installed und used on 5 devices simultaneously and has some additional features.
And so it works, if you have an OEM version:
- Buy your Upgrade License
- Enter your Upgrade Licence in Repetier-Server OEM Register.
- Your OEM license is now converted to a Pro license and can be used for 5 parallel installations simultaneously. At the same time the used Upgrade license is invalidated and can not be used anymore.
Important: You need Repetier-Server OEM to use the discounted upgrade license, if you have Repetier-Server Free, you have to order the Repetier-Server Pro license.
Repetier-Server runs on Windows XP and later versions, Max OS X 64 bit 10.10 or newer, linux 32 and 64 bit for supported linux distributions like Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Raspian and other Debian like distributions.
The server has to be connected to a printer with serial interface.
The hardware requirement for the pure server is very low, it already runs on 256 mb RAM like Raspberry Pi. Some functions like slicing may need more resources, but the server can outsource such computations to other instances running in your network.
If you are using Simplify 3D for slicing, there is a very comfortable way to import your sliced G-Code directly to Repetier-Server. With the correct settings, you can import G-Code automatically while you click Save Toolpath to Disk in Simplify 3D. Alternatively, you can start printing directly via Repetier-Server (if the print queue is empty).
There is no limitation by Repetier-Server software, so theoretically you can control any number of printers at the same time with one installation. However, the actual number of printers that a PC can handle simultaneously is limited by the hardware.
With a Raspberry Pi 3 we could handle 5 printers at the same time without problems, with a simple computer (Intel i5) over 10 printers.
Please note that webcams can reduce the number of printers, especially if they have high resolution or frame rate or no hardware compression for jpg output.
It is really easy to connect Repetier-Host with Repetier-Server.
- Start Repetier-Server to set up your first printer.
- After that click at the top right and open Global Settings.
- Open Connectivity. Here you find all required data.
- Start Repetier-Host and click Printer Settings.
- Enter your printer name at the top at Printer.
- Select Repetier-Server as Connector.
- Enter your IP Address.
- Enter your Port.
- Enter the API Key.
- Click Connect to continue. The host now connects to the server and reads the printer list.
- Now you can select your Printer.
- Click Copy Server Config Settings to import the printer settings.
- Click OK to save.
Note: If you have set up multiple users, each user receives a separate API Key. The API key you enter in Repetier-Host gets the same rights of the respective user. In any case the global API Key will always work.
When Repetier-Host is connected to the printer via Repetier-Server the workflow is nearly the same as usual, you just get a lot of advantages and new possibilities.
To connect to the printer via Repetier-Server just select the printer:
Object Placement, Slicer and Manual Control are exact the same as usual. After slicing you get a new page with printing statistics and some options:
- Print: This sends the G-Code to the printing queue of the server. If the queue is empty, the print will start directly. The G-Code will not get stored permanently.
- Edit G-Code: Open G-Code Editor
- Save to File: Saves the sliced G-Code to a file. This does not affect the server.
- Save for SD Print: Saves the sliced G-Code along with a start/end code from the host and start/stop actions to a file. This does not affect the server.
- Save to Server: This stores the sliced G-Code on the server. It will not start a print directly.
Open the Server tab to manage and print all stored G-Codes. For each G-Code you get a rendered preview image and print statistics.
- Print: This sends the print job to the printing queue of the server. If the queue is empty, the print will start directly.
- Info: Here you get detailed infos like filament usage, volume, price, time, …
- Load: Click here to open the G-Code in Repetier-Host.
- Delete: This will delete the G-Code on the server.
Here you find detailed instructions how to set up a webcam on Windows:
Here you find detailed instructions how to set up a webcam on Linux:
Here you find detailed instructions how to set up a webcam on Mac: